As a Bilingual Tech Analyst within our IT service area, you’ll play a key role in positively impacting internal customers who are experiencing technical issues by problem solving. These issues you’ll be working through are complex and you’ll be encouraged to research and eliminate escalations. We are looking for someone who has a passion for all things technology focused, enjoys creative solutioning, and has an interest in collaborating on project teams. You’ll also get the opportunity to work with vendors when solutioning!
This team is within our corporate technology area. It’s a highly interactive and collaborative team that strives to be the end point for all issues that get escalated through the help desk. They analyze issues and discover solutions while being encouraged to recognize continuous improvement opportunities. Team members are also involved in onboarding new work to the team including documentation and training. Onboarding new work will involve collaborating with scrum teams and working with engineers.
Your day will be filled with:
- Assisting in providing technical and business solutions to meet business strategy at an acceptable cost considering variables such as capacity, limitations and operating time.
- Analyzing basic to complex data and taking impactful steps to improve efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree (preference in a computer science, technology, engineering or math-related field) or equivalent work experience
- Basic IT or project work experience
- Planning, organizational, presentation, leadership, problem-solving, analytical, decision-making and communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- In-depth troubleshooting experience with the following is a plus: Printers, Fax, O365, Public folders, PSTs, SCCM, Citrix, MS Teams, Zoom, Soft Phone, SharePoint, Imaging, MAC support
- Cloud experience/exposure preferred
Salary Range Information
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
$50000 – $96000 / year
This role offers the ability for in-office, hybrid (blending both office and remote work in a typical workweek), and remote work arrangements. You’ll work with your leader to determine which option may align best based on several factors.
This position may require on-call responsibilities.
At this time, we’re not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we’re bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.