This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring for an Academic Solutions Director to join Guild’s Solution Exploration team, which is a cross-functional division that supports initiatives throughout the company. In this role, you are responsible for the strategy and overall success of new academic products that advance Guild’s mission to help our employers upskill their workforce. The Director is tasked with taking new academic concepts from ideation through discovery, validation, and preparation for scale.
A successful Academic Solutions Director is an organizational leader who looks beyond their portfolio to Guild’s overall strategy and mission and contributes to initiatives across the organization, working closely with colleagues in Guild’s Learning Marketplace and Solution Exploration teams. The Director will be innovative, proactive, and effective at delivering against Guild’s overall goals and objectives.
- Own the development of the strategic roadmap for multiple early-stage academic products that support a future stackable and interoperable learning marketplace
- Proactively identify opportunities and problems, and build innovative solutions to address them. Prepare and present recommendations to senior leadership.
- Lead the operationalization and execution of the launch of new academic products and initiatives from conception to pilot and validation.
- Develop and measure key success indicators for new and emerging solutions around a stackable and interoperable learning marketplace.
- Understand and effectively communicate critical insights around the needs of working adult learners and how Guild’s academic solutions can drive positive outcomes for this population.
- Develop and support a robust, cross-functional team environment that enables each team member to shine and grow within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree in business, education, or related field preferred
- 8+ years experience in a product management role or related experience driving innovative learning initiatives in higher education
- An ability to learn quickly and deeply about sophisticated challenges, and the ability to think critically and creatively to develop solutions
- Skilled in planning, organizing, and project management; ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and to lead through influence and persuasion
- Experience working with clients and internal/external stakeholders on new pilots and launches
- A track record of working collaboratively and optimally across partner teams with diverse perspectives to lead delivery of academic product solutions
- Sophisticated critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis skills
- Must thrive under pressure in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with tight deadlines and multiple priorities
- Dedication to Guild’s mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce through education
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation – and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild’s investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $140,000 – $173,750, bonus eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth