The Technical Proposal Specialist is a key role on the pre-Sales team responsible for generating high-quality proposals that creatively align client needs with NV5 Geospatial’s solutions that convey our value propositions to the client and differentiate our solutions from the competition. In this role you will have the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing team with exciting opportunities for professional growth. Success measures in this role include the ability to collaborate with multiple departments to generate and deliver high-quality proposals including the development new technical content. Familiarity with geospatial & remote sensing (imagery and lidar) technologies, and how they are applied within commercial markets such as Utilities, Telecommunications, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, and other markets is desired.
- Assist and lead in the compilation and preparation of technical proposal responses to RFPs
- Review and understand project technical scope of work
- Compose, review, and edit effective persuasive original writing for unique sections of proposals, such as project approach, executive summaries, company offerings, experience portfolio, project case studies
- Bring forward and execute innovative ideas on presentation, including the design of compelling infographics
- Ensure compliance with RFP formatting and content requirements
- Cross check proposal content with scope of pricing
- Assist with the creation of other marketing and promotional materials
- Execute multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to hard deadlines
- Communicate and coordinate with the sales team and technical specialists.
- Completed BA or BS degree, preferably in science or technology degree (natural resources, environmental studies, life sciences, geography, engineering, survey and mapping, oceanography, etc.) or writing-focused degree/coursework such as journalism or communications, with an interest in natural resources, geography, and mapping.
- Excellent writing skills (grammar, punctuation, spelling, vocabulary, clarity, brevity, engagement, flow) and interest in synthesizing/presenting information in written format – **Please submit cover letter for evaluation of writing skill
- Working knowledge of formatting documents in Microsoft Word
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on tasks
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain assigned workload while meeting multiple and shifting deadlines
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Desired Additional Qualifications
- Work experience writing/compiling sales or grant proposals, or related persuasive writing role
- Basic GIS skills and knowledge of ArcMap to edit shapefiles and create custom map layouts
- Graphic design experience, including knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, etc.)
- Technical background or knowledge of remote sensing technologies including various data acquisition platforms (manned airborne, UAV, mobile, satellite, etc…) and/or sensor modalities (imagery, lidar, thermal, SAR, etc…)
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
We realize the unacceptable lack of diversity in our industry and we refuse to ignore it. We proactively address this with our office culture and hiring practices. If you are not sure whether or not you’d be a fit, we say go ahead and apply!
Please upload a letter of interest, and resume with professional references in one (1) PDF via online application process. We do read every cover letter and will not accept applications without them, help us get to know you!
No phone calls or emails, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
Quantum Spatial is a proud and committed Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.